Web Designer, Writer and Creative Go-To Guy
I am a seasoned marketing and creative expert with a proven ability to produce measurable results in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
- 20 years of integrated marketing experience, including advertising, branding, sales promotion, direct mail,
Web-based marketing, social media and special events.
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated success in planning and executing national campaigns, product launches, websites, and innovative sales support tools.
- Notable career combining exceptional creative talent with high-caliber team management skills.
- Solid background in healthcare, financial services, consumer products, business-to-business, business-to-consumer and non-profit organizations.
- Nationally recognized for creative excellence in print, broadcast, direct mail and the Web.
Daryle Rico Creative Services, Portland, Oregon 2009 – Present
Freelance marketing consultant and creative problem-solver. Clients include a broad range of local advertising agencies and independent businesses and non-profit organizations. Specializing in web development, advertising, social media, email marketing, and other web-based marketing solutions.
Director of Marketing | Earth Advantage Institute Portland, Oregon 2008 – 2009
Delivered marketing support and education and training programs to a national network of 400 builders, realtors
and sponsors. Supervised all aspects of marketing, including branding, advertising, public relations, media planning, corporate communications and stakeholder relations.
- Slashed media costs and doubled valued-added by negotiating all advertising contracts.
- Increased market share by introducing database marketing and audience segmentation to the Marketing department.
- Reduced costs for trade shows, home tours and other off-site marketing events by strengthening relationships with allied partners and media vendors.
Director of Marketing | Fred Meyer Jewelers Portland, Oregon 2006 – 2008
Responsible for the development and implementation of all marketing strategies to support retail operations in 410 stores. Spearheaded production of all marketing tactics while establishing a cohesive national brand image in all communications.
- Reduced production and distribution costs for direct mail programs by $1-million in one year.
- Developed and executed marketing plans that produced over $430 million in sales.
- Reduced marketing & promotional costs for major in-store sales events by 50%.
- Supported the design and launch of two multi-million dollar e-commerce websites.
Creative Director/Senior Writer | Bradshaw Advertising Portland, Oregon 2001 – 2006
A Portland-based advertising agency specializing in retail and consumer products.
Comprehensive responsibility producing all creative deliverables. Experienced in advertising, brand development,
corporate identity, Internet marketing, and managing creative resources. Improved financial performance of the
department by expanding scope of work for existing clients.
- Spearheaded new business efforts that increased agency billings by $600,000 in one year.
- Surpassed departmental profitability goals for six consecutive years.
- Supervised selection & training of creative staff, managing 95% staff retention over six years.
Creative Director/Senior Writer | Goodwill Industries Portland, Oregon 2000 – 2001
An international non-profit organization and major local retailer.
Conceived and supervised the production of all marketing communications to support 120 Goodwill chapters
throughout North America. Re-focused corporate communications from a promotional platform to a brand platform
with promotional support.
- Developed a national advertising franchise program that reduced production costs by 50%.
- Lead creative efforts that produced the first $1-million sales week in company history.
- Enhanced organization’s creative reputation by earning numerous national awards for retail andmission-based advertising.
Creative Director/Senior Writer | Robley Marketing Portland, OR 1992 – 2000
A Portland-based marketing firm specializing in consumer products and B2B accounts.
Responsible for the development and production of all creative deliverables. Provided creative leadership for six
national accounts. Experienced in brand development, corporate identity, project management, budget management, radio and television production, and management of creative resources.
- Tripled agency billings in three years by expanding agency’s core competencies.
- Managed a creative staff of 13, maintaining 100% staff retention over four years.
- Directed new business efforts that secured three national accounts within a two-month period.
• Budget Planning & Management
• Broadcast Supervision
• Copy Writing
• Corporate Communications
• Direct Mail
• Email Marketing
• Integrated Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations
• Media Planning & Placement
• Print Production
• Project Management
• Sales Promotion
• Search Engine Optimization
• Social Media
• Strategic Planning
• Trade Show & Event Planning
• Web Content & Development
Oregon State University | Corvallis, OR | Bachelor of Science, Speech Communication